Saturday, October 9, 2010

Dozens Of Red Orange Lights Over Mid Michigan

Date: October 8, 2010
Time: 8:40 - 9:15 p.m.

Location of Sighting: Mid Michigan.
Number of witnesses: 1
Number of Objects: Dozens.
Shape of Objects: Round.

Full Description of Event/Sighting: I was driving home last night and while stopped at one intersection I noticed 3 orange/red lights in the sky above some trees. I saw the cross street had a number of cars so I thought that it might be balloons for a party, but when they changed direction and kept a triangular formation, I tried to get my camera phone out to take a picture. My camera didn't want to activate as I got to the next intersection and once the traffic cleared for me to continue and the lights were out of sight, my camera became active.

After a brief stop at home I decided to drive around looking for the lights. I thought it was odd that it seemed like the neighborhood dogs were barking more than normal at that time.

After driving around the local downtown area I was on my way back home when I noticed a 'path' of dozens of the lights floating across the sky. The lights were scattered a distance to the north of a parking lot that I stopped in. The lights all moved the same pace from west to east, all holding their formation with each other. No blinking, oscillating, wandering, etc. It was almost like the lights were like spray paint on a pane of glass, and the sheet of glass was being moved across the backdrop of the night sky.

After watching the lights started to disappear and fade off into the distance I was pulling out of the parking lot and I noticed someone else pull in with the same 'what the heck?' expression that I had, but I wasn't able to get the driver's attention to talk to.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: