Saturday, October 9, 2010

Reddish Amber Lights Over Lansing Michigan (Photos)

Date: October 9, 2010
Time: 9:10 p.m.

Brian, I saw most of the unidentified group last night. I was at Waverly Rd. and Tecumseh River Dr. It was exactly 9:10 p.m. when the came from the Southwest and were heading Northeast.


This is just South of the Lansing Capital City Airport. Surely radar must have detected these. It was a clear sky with no moon of course.

I estimate there were well over 15 of them. They were all the same reddish-amber color, like in the glowing coals of a wood campfire. They seemed to be faintly pulsating.

The first were grouped loosely together with some individual drifting motions between them which indicated they were individual entities.


Quite a few followed in a single line after the initial group but they were not evenly spaced apart. They were totally silent and I estimate altitude to be approximately 5,000 feet.

I was very excited to see these too. I struggled to take pictures of these with my new cell phone camera. I fumbled around with it because I hadn't used the camera function yet. I have attached two pictures that are the best of the lot. They only show specs against the night sky but clearly show the objects colors and the number within first grouping I witnessed.

This is a big deal and the more people who can confirm last night's sighting, the better.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: