Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Orange Ball With Comet Like Tail Over Poughquag New York


Date: September 5, 2010
Time: Approx: 9:00 p.m.

Thanks for your site now I know I’m not crazy.

I’m sitting around my fire ring in the back yard with my wife and two friends kicking back and commenting on what an absolute beautiful night it is with a crystal clear sky. Minutes later I see an orange ball of light zip through the sky right above the tree tops from where I was sitting.

I jumped up and ran across the yard as it disappeared at the tree line, trying to follow it through the sky, but it was gone behind the trees. I said “Did you see that” to everyone, but they had their backs to it at the time. I said it was a orange ball with a long comet like tail that just zipped through the sky, a half hour later I said “you did see me get up and run across the yard, Right?” as I was beginning to maybe second guess myself.

My house is often in the approach lane for Stewart airport and I observed some big jets later in the evening and clocked them through the same tree line to tree line that I witnessed the object cover and although I realize the distance from the object is a big part of the equation I can say that orange ball was 30X the speed of other plane in the sky that night. I just had to look online and see if anyone else saw what I saw, and sure enough on the same night at about the same time there is a report here from Kingston, NY which is 50 minutes from my house about an orange ball in the sky.

What a trip!, thanks for giving me a place to tell my story.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: