Thursday, September 9, 2010

Large Reddish Orange Ball Over East Tawas State Dock In East Tawas Michigan

Date: September 5, 2010
Time: Approx: 10:10 p.m.

On the night of Sept. 5, 2010 my wife, myself and another couple were sitting on the back of my boat at East Tawas State dock in East Tawas, Michigan. It was about 10:10pm when we observed a large reddish orange ball that looked like it was on fire. At first though I though it was a hot air balloon that was on fire. It traveled from the southwest to the northeast in what appeared to be a horizontal path.

After about 20 seconds it accelerated to a high rate of speed and went up and out of sight. A friend of mine told me today that the news in upper Michigan reported that a near miss with an asteroid took place that night. I doubt that an asteroid could change direction and then accelerate. I wonder why this did not make the world news. Any information that you might have will be appreciated.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: