Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Two Orange Lights Over North Of Mason City Iowa

Date: September 5, 2010
Time: 10:15 p.m.

Location of Sighting: North Of Mason City Iowa.
Number of witnesses: 1
Number of Objects: 2
Shape of Objects: Not sure, round maybe.

Full Description of Event/Sighting: I was standing outside my apartment talking to my mother on the phone when I noticed a light from the east moving slowly west. It looked like it was just north of town. It was an orange-ish color. I watched it move to the west until my view was blocked by trees.

I thought it was just a helicopter, but it was strange there was no sound. Usually the only helicopters in Mason City are the life flight ones coming and going to the hospital that is located just a few blocks from my apartment, so when they come and go I can certainly hear them.

About two minutes after seeing the first one, another light appeared from the same location. this time I paid closer attention to it. It moved in the same direction as the first one, east to west and slowly. I watched as it moved until it was directly north of me. then it did! something different than the first, it turned and moved north. It moved slowly north and then seemed as if it stopped for about 30 seconds. Then it seemed to be moving much faster and quickly disappeared into the northern night sky.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: