Saturday, April 21, 2012

Bright Green Object Shooting Across The Sky Over Roxborough Pennsylvania (Fireball/Meteor)

 
Date:  April 12, 2012
Time:  Approx: 8:00 p.m.
 
I spotted the same or a similar object in the skies over Ridge Avenue in Roxborough, PA. While I don't have a precise time, it was shortly after 8:00 p.m.
 
I've logged it in the American Meteor Society website and I had written to a few news outlets about the sighting (considering the recent Midwest Fireball and the approaching Lyrid meteor shower).

I would say the object was close to the brightness of Venus, though appeared much larger in the sky. I watched as the object then burst with a blue and green trail behind it.
 
Most interesting to me is I've tried viewing various meteor showers in the area in the dead of night and often find it difficult due to the prominent presence of light pollution.
 
This object, however, was very distinct in the dusk sky, which was still glowing from the recently set sun.

Quite a sight and, in my personal experience, only comparable to meteors I had seen in the Florida Keys with minimal light pollution.
 
If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

The Vike Factor (Brian Vike) http://the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com/

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: