Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Blue Object Sighting Over Central Ohio

Date: July 26, 2011
Time: Approx: 9:40 p.m.

Hi Brian, not sure if you are still tracking this stuff, but I saw a 'blue object' falling from the sky last night in Central Ohio. Checked the local news, neighbors, etc. and nobody else reported seeing anything. So I was almost convinced it was just my eyes, or the beginning of a stroke or something until I read accounts from other sightings (different locations, and not from last night) that were almost identical in their descriptions to what I saw.

It was about 9:40PM when I looked up and saw a light blue halo, with a brighter blue center. The center of the halo looked to almost be a 'V' shape with the point of the 'V' at the head and the two legs were trailing. It appeared to be very low in the sky, maybe a couple thousand feet or so and was moving very quickly (about the speed of a shooting star) from East to West.

I had eyes on it for maybe 2 or 3 seconds and then it disappeared behind some clouds and was gone. I am absolutely positive in my description and have no doubt about what I saw.

The thing that really peaked my interest is the dozens of almost identical spotting's from people all over the country, over the past several years. Their descriptions of the object and its movement were practically the same as what I observed. I also was a bit curious as many of the sightings seem to come from Ohio, West Virginia.

My first thought was maybe this is what a meteorite looks like if you happen to observe it in the lower atmosphere as it is about hit the ground. To be honest though, at the time it struck me as something man made and not a celestial body. I am not thinking 'UFO' in the alien sense, but again my first thought was something man made.

Are you still tracking these events ? Have you been able to correlate these sightings to anything yet ?

Thanks for your help.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: