Monday, October 10, 2011

Quarter Of A Mile Wide Black Boomerang UFO Over Howland Township Ohio

Date: Fall/Winter 1979/80 or 1982/83 (?)
Time: Approx: 9:30 p.m.

Number of witnesses: 1
Number of Objects: 1
Shape of Objects: Boomerang.

Full Description of Event/Sighting: I was visiting my parents in Ohio and had gone to Eastwood Mall and stayed there shopping until it closed. I drove home on Rt. 46 going north and was at an intersection called "Howland Corners" Rt 46 and "old 82" when I saw it.

The apex of the boomerang was pointed east and was south of old 82 pointed toward the Youngstown-Sharon airport. It appeared massive, as in a quarter of a mile wide or more. It was black against the sky and completely silent. I am very analytical and do not believe in space ships.

I believed it was a projection of some kind, but it was a starry night and I could not see the stars through it. Plus there were no clouds in the sky, so what could it be projecting upon? I noted three white lights spaced evenly on the bottom of it that appeared large.

They were not flashing or flickering, but did have a glare. The outline of the thing was solid. I thought it could be military. The airport was just east of Avalon Country Club where we grew up ice skating on the ponds there and where my brothers worked. So I turned east on old 82 and "drove beside it" as it slowly moved eastward.

It was behind the huge trees a few times as I drove, but I would catch sight of it through the openings. I assumed it would fly over the airport and somehow be small enough to hover down to the runways, but as I turned north onto the road in front of the airport, it disappeared suddenly.

I mean it just wasn't there anymore. I drove around looking for it for a couple minutes. Afterwards, I dismissed it completely because the incident didn't fit my Christian World View. I still wonder what it was.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: