Monday, October 3, 2011

UFO Hovering With Light Cascading Down Seen South Of Charlottesville Virginia

Date: September 5, 2011
Time Around midnight.

I can't believe I found other people who have seen this, if even some time before me. I wasn't sure what I was looking at as I drove home last night. I live South of Charlottesville...about 5 miles. Around midnight, I noticed the glow ahead of me as I came down 29. It seemed to be moving away from me, so I sped up, but lost sight of it because of the trees.

As I rounded a bend, though, it was only about a half mile from me and hovering. It was round like a ball with the "light" cascading down from it like a fog. I'm totally estimating, but I'd put it at about 20-30 feet in diameter. Clearly not a reflection or a spotlight as there was no cloud cover, nor a beam of light to or from the ground. It was also not a helicopter, those make sound, but also do not glow amber.

Definitely not one of the Boars Head air balloons. I've grown up with those, and know a balloon when I see it, they also do not accelerate in a straight line without sound.

I got out at my driveway and watched it hover, debating on whether I should try to get closer. It suddenly glowed far brighter, then accelerated off to the South and out of sight.

I had seen footage of the multiple lights seen over Arizona, but I honestly did not make the connection until I searched this morning to see if anyone else spotted it last night. So far, no one has said anything, and it is not on the news. If it had been over or closer to Charlottesville, it would have been dismissed as reflected light, and I doubt any of us would have thought it more than a passing curiosity.

Where I saw it, there are no businesses or street lamps to send that glow. Mine were not the only brake lights, but I am apparently the only one to report having seen it.

At any rate. You aren't crazy, and I'm glad that you posted something about it so that I would know I am not crazy.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: